Ponce de Leon Manchego Quiche with Serrano Ham
Ingredients for 10 portions
For the dough
- 10.6 oz Flour
- 7.1 oz Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
For the filling
- 8.8 oz QimiQ Sauce Base
- 5 Eggs
- 3.5 oz Ponce De Leon Manchego cheese, diced
- 0.7 oz Corn starch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2.8 oz Piquillo pepper , diced
- 3.5 oz Red bell peppers, diced
- 0.7 oz Garlic, chopped
- 4.9 oz Serrano ham, diced
- 5.3 oz Asparagus tips
- For the pastry: knead the ingredients together to form a smooth pastry. Wrap in cling film and allow to chill for approx. 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry and line a prepared greased tin.
- For the filling: mix the QimiQ Sauce Base with the eggs, half of the Ponce De Leon Manchego cheese, corn starch, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables and Serrano ham onto the pastry and cover with the QimiQ mixture. Top with the asparagus tips and finish with the remaining Ponce De Leon Manchego cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 320 °F for approx. 50 minutes
QimiQ Sauce Base Advantages
- Pastry remains crispy for longer
- Enhances the natural taste of added ingredients
- Quick and simple preparation