Cinnamon Whoopie Pies with Grand Marnier
Ingredients for 10 portions
For the dough
- 4.6 oz QimiQ Sauce Base
- 2.8 oz Sugar
- 3.7 oz Flour
- 0.1 oz Baking powder
- 0.2 oz Cocoa powder
- 0.4 oz Gingerbread spice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1.2 fl oz Sunflower oil
- 0.7 oz Eggs
- 0.1 oz Vanilla extract
For the cream
- 8.8 oz QimiQ Whip, chilled
- 2.8 oz Sugar
- 2 cl Grand Marnier
- 1 pinch Gingerbread spice
- 2 fl oz Orange juice
- 0.4 oz Orange zest
- 2.8 oz VBC Butter
- 2.1 oz Oranges, peeled, cut into pieces
- Preheat an oven to 350 °F (air circulation).
- For the dough: sieve the sugar with the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, gingerbread spice and salt.
- Mix the QimiQ Sauec Base with the oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients and mix until it becomes a smooth dough.
- Using a scoop place approx. 20 heaps onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- For the cream: lightly whip the cold QimiQ Whip with the sugar until completely smooth, ensuring that the entire mixture is incorporated (especially from bottom and sides of bowl).
- Add the Grand Marnier, gingerbread spice, orange juice and orange zest and continue to whip until the required volume has been achieved. Quickly fold in the melted VBC butter. Fold in the orange pieces.
- Pipe the cream onto 10 of the patties and place the remaining patties on top. Allow to chill for approx. 4 hours.
QimiQ Whip Advantages
- Creamy indulgent taste with less fat
- Enhances the natural taste of added ingredients
QimiQ Sauce Base Advantages
- Baked goods remain moist for longer
- Longer shelf life without loss of quality