Ingredients for 10 portions
- 1.8 oz QimiQ Classic, room temperature
- 2.9 fl oz Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 0.4 oz Dried yeast
- 8.1 oz Bread flour
- 13.8 oz Rye flour
- 1.4 oz Molasses, dark
- 0.2 oz Salt
- 0.7 oz Baking soda
- 4 cups of Water
- 1 Egg yolk
- Salt, coarse
- Home Grown pimiento cheese
- Whisk the unchilled QimiQ Classic smooth. Add the water, sugar and yeast and mix well. Allow to rest for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, molasses and salt and knead to a smooth dough. Place the dough into an oiled vessel. Cover and allow to rest in a warm place for approx. 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into strips and shape into pretzels. Preheat an oven to 450 °F.
- Mix the baking soda with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Brush the pretzels with the mixture and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Brush the pretzels with the egg yolk and sprinkle with the salt. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and allow to rest for approx. 5 minutes.
- Serve the pumpernickel pretzels with the Home Grown pimiento cheese.
QimiQ Classic advantages
- Baked goods remain moist for longer
- Quick and simple preparation
|Per Portion||Per 100 g|
|Fat in g||2||Fat in g||1|
|Cholesterol in mg||27||Cholesterol in mg||15|
|Carbohydrates in g||48||Carbohydrates in g||26|
|Protein in g||7||Protein in g||4|