Ingredients for 12 portions
For the dumbplings
- 250g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 150ml Milk
- 80g Butter
- 100g Sugar
- 0.5 Lemon, finely grated zest
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Nougat, diced
For the Cherry Compote
- 400g Cherries, tinned
- 60g Sugar
- 20g Corn flour / starch
- Bring the QimiQ Sauce Base to the boil with the milk, butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- Whisk in the wheat semolina and allow to swell. Allow to cool slightly and quickly whisk in the eggs.
- Shape the mixture into dumplings and press one cube of nougat into the centre of each dumpling.
- Allow the dumplings to simmer in salted boiling water for approx. 10 minutes.
- For the cherry compote: drain the cherries. Mix 4 tbsp of the cherry juice with the corn starch. Bring the remaining cherry juice to the boil with the sugar and add the starch mixture whilst stirring continuously. Allow to simmer for approx. 2 minutes. Add the cherries and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the nougat and semolina dumplings with icing sugar and serve with the cherry compote.
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Smooth and creamy consistency in seconds
- Enhances the natural taste of added ingredients
- Quick and easy preparation