Manicotti filled with Braised Oxtail
Ingredients for 10 portions
- 35.3 oz Manicotti, cooked
For the filling
- 12.3 oz Oxtail
- 4.2 oz Onions, chopped
- 4.9 oz Carrots, chopped
- 4.2 oz Celery, chopped
- 1.4 oz Leek, chopped
- 2.5 oz Green peas
- 4.6 oz Tomatoes, chopped
- 8.5 fl oz Red wine
- 2.8 oz Tomato paste
- 7.1 fl oz Beef stock
- 1.1 oz Dijon mustard
- 1.1 oz Garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Egg yolks
For the gratin mixture
- 8.8 oz QimiQ Sauce Base
- 6.3 oz Karst Cave Aged Cheese, grated
- 7.1 oz Ricotta min. 45% fat
- Chives, chopped
- Basil, chopped
- Thyme, chopped
- Oregano, chopped
- For the filling: braise the oxtail with the vegetables, red wine, tomato puree and beef stock until soft. Season to taste with mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables and meat from the pan. Pull the meat and shred it for the filling.
- Bind the remaining liquid in the pan with the butter and use as a sauce.
- Mix the shredded meat with the vegetables, egg yolks and some of the sauce and fill the manicotti with the mixture.
- For the gratin mixture: blend the QimiQ Sauce Base, Karst Cave Aged cheese and Ricotta together with an immersion blender until smooth. Fold in the herbs.
- Arrange the manicotti in a baking dish and top with the gratin mixture. Bake in an oven until golden brown.
- Serve the manicotti with the remaining sauce.
QimiQ Sauce Base Advantages
- Fillings remain moist for longer
- Enhances the natural taste of added ingredients
|Per Portion||Per 100 g|
|Fat in g||22||Fat in g||7|
|Cholesterol in mg||223||Cholesterol in mg||68|
|Carbohydrates in g||78||Carbohydrates in g||24|
|Protein in g||31||Protein in g||9|