Saffron and Fennel Espuma with Prawns
Ingredients for 1 x 1 litre iSi Gourmet Whip
- 500 ml QimiQ Sauce Base
- 80 g Onions, finely sliced
- 400 g Fennel, sliced
- 80 g Floury potatoes
- 80 g Butter
- 125 ml White wine
- 2 cl Pernod
- 125 ml Chicken stock
- 4 cl Noilly Prat/Vermouth dry
- Lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1.5 kg Prawns
- Black pepper, freshly grated
- 80 ml Olive oil
- 40 g Garlic, finely chopped
- Saute the onions, fennel and potatoes in butter.
- Deglaze with the white wine. Add the Pernod, Noilly Prat and chicken stock. Season to taste and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the QimiQ Sauce Base and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour into the 1 litre iSi Gourmet Whip, screw in one charger, shake well and serve.
- Keep in a hot water bath or allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator. Re-heat in the hot water bath before serving.
- Season the prawns with the salt and pepper. Fry the prawns and garlic in the hot olive oil and serve with the saffron and fennel espuma.
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Acid, heat and alcohol stable
- Full taste with less fat content
- Quick and easy preparation
- Problem-free reheating possible