Ingredients for 1 Ø 26 cm ring
Chocolate Sponge Base
- For the chocolate mousse
- 250 g QimiQ Whip, chilled
- 80 ml Milk
- 50 g Sugar
- 170 g Dark chocolate 40-60 % cocoa, melted
For the cherries
- 250 ml Cherry juice
- 15 g Corn flour / starch
- 700 g Cherries, tinned and drained
For the decorating cream
- 150 g QimiQ Classic, unchilled
- 350 ml Cream 36% fat
- Make the chocolate sponge base, bake and allow to cool. Slice into 3 layers for 3 sponge bases.
- Lightly whip the cold QimiQ Whip until completely smooth, ensuring that the complete mixture is incorporated (especially from bottom and sides of bowl). Add the milk and sugar and continue to whip until the required volume has been achieved.
- Fold in the luke warm chocolate.
- Place one sponge base into the 26 cm cake ring. Spread with the chocolate mousse and top with a second sponge base.
- Mix the corn flour to a thick paste with some cherry juice. Bring the remaining cherry juice to the boil, add the corn flour mixture and allow to cook for approx. 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Spread the cherries over the sponge base in the ring, drizzle with the cherry juice and chill for approx. 2 hours.
- For the decorating cream: whisk the unchilled QimiQ Classic smooth. 8. Add the cream and whisk until the required volume has been achieved.
QimiQ Classic advantages
- Decorating cream keeps its shape for longer
- Creamy consistency
- No additional gelatine required
QimiQ Whip Advantages
- 1 kg QimiQ Whip can replace up to 3 litres of fresh cream
- Quick and easy preparation
- Foolproof real cream product, cannot be over whipped
- One bowl preparation
- Ambient storage