Saddle of Lamb in a creamy Herb Breadcrust
Ingredients for 10 portions
- 1.6 kg Saddle of lamb
- Salt and pepper
For the coating
- 250 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 120 g Parmesan, grated
- 40 g Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 4 Egg yolks
- 40 g Dijon mustard, coarse
- 40 g Herb paste
- 20 White toasting bread, without crust
- 250 g Streaky bacon, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil, to fry
For the polenta
- 750 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 750 ml Milk
- 400 g Polenta
- 150 g Butter
- Salt and pepper
- Nutmeg, ground
- 180 g Parmesan, grated
- 5 Eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C (air circulation).
- For the polenta: bring the milk to the boil with the QimiQ Sauce Base, salt, pepper, nutmeg and butter. Stir in the polenta and allow to simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Allow to chill.
- Stir in the eggs and Parmesan and spread onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- For the coating: mix the QimiQ Sauce Base with the remaining ingredients together well (except the toasting bread and bacon).
- Season the saddle of lamb and pan fry gently on both sides. Allow to chill.
- Flatten the toasting bread.
- Place the bacon slices onto pieces of silver foil. Place the toasting bread onto the bacon and spread the herb cream onto the bread. Place the saddle of lamb on top, and roll in the silver foil.
- Cook the saddle of lamb at 180 °C until a core temperature of 56 °C has been reached.
- Remove from the silver foil and allow to rest.
- Cut the polenta into slices and pan fry on both sides.
- Slice the saddle of lamb and serve with the polenta slices and vegetables if required.
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Creamy indulgent taste with less fat
- Enhances the natural taste of added ingredients
- Quick and easy preparation