Ingredients for 10 portions
- 1 packet Puff pastry
- 50 g Eggs, 1 piece
For the veal liver mousse
- 125 g QimiQ Classic, unchilled
- 250 g QimiQ Whip, chilled
- 500 g Veal liver
- 100 g Shallots
- 150 g Butter
- 80 ml Port
- 40 ml Cognac
- 125 ml Whipping cream 36% fat
- Salt and pepper
For the calvados apples
500 g Apples, peeled, diced
80 g Butter
80 g Sugar
125 ml Calvados
- For the veal liver mousse: trim the veal liver and sauté in butter with the shallots. Douse with the port and cognac and reduce. Allow to cool.
- Add the QimiQ Classic and blend smooth using an immersion blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly whip the cold QimiQ Whip until completely smooth, ensuring that the entire mixture is incorporated (especially on bottom and sides of bowl). Add the cream and the veal liver mixture and continue to whip until the required volume has been achieved.
- Cut the puff pastry into 10 equal sized strips and wrap around greased moulds. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with the salt. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for approx. 13 minutes.
- Allow the puff pastry rolls to cool and fill with the veal liver mousse.
- For the calvados apples: sauté the apple cubes in butter. Add the sugar and caramelize. Douse with the calvados and season with the black pepper.
- Serve the veal liver puff pastry rolls with the calvados apples.
QimiQ Classic advantages
- Creamy indulgent taste with less fat
- Quick and easy preparation
QimiQ Whip advantages
- 1 kg QimiQ Whip can replace up to 3 litres of fresh cream
- Longer presentation times without loss of quality