Watermelon and Lime Cream
Ingredients for 10 portions
For the lime cream
- 400 g QimiQ Whip, chilled
- 250 g Greek style yoghurt
- 90 g Granulated sugar
- 270 g Coconut milk
- 80 g Lime juice
- 10 g Lime zest, finely grated
For the watermelon jelly
- 160 g Watermelon, fresh, seeded, pureed
- 30 g Grenadine syrup
- 12 g Corn flour / starch
- 5 g Granulated sugar
- 4 g Gelatine sheets
- 3 g Lemon juice
- 1 small pinch Cardamon, ground
- 100 g Watermelon, fresh, diced
- Lightly whip the cold QimiQ Whip until completely smooth, ensuring that the entire mixture is incorporated (especially from bottom and sides of bowl). Add the remaining ingredients and continue to whip until the required volume has been achieved.
- Half fill the glasses placed in an inclined position with the cream and chill well.
- For the jelly: bring the pureed watermelon, grenadine syrup and sugar to the boil. Bind with the starch and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the soaked gelatine to the mixture and dissolve. Season with the lemon juice and cardamom. Fold in the watermelon cubes. Allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture over the lime cream and chill well.
QimiQ Whip advantages
- 1 kg QimiQ Whip can replace up to 3 litres of fresh cream
- Acid stable and does not curdle
- Full taste with less fat content
- Foolproof real cream product, cannot be over whipped