Spinach filled Pike Perch Rolls on Lentil Stew
Ingredients for 10 portions
For the spinach filled pike perch rolls
- 125 g QimiQ Classic, unchilled
- 200 g Pike perch trimmings, minced
- 100 g Spinach, strained
- 4 g Salt
- 10 g Lemon juice
- 4 cl Pernod
- Coriander spice, ground
- 600 g Pike perch fillet, skinned
- 200 g Salmon fillet, skinned , cut into strips
For the lentil stew
- 500 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 200 g Beluga lentils, soaked
- 200 g Mountain lentils, soaked
- 100 g Red onions, chopped
- 50 g Olive oil
- 40 g Garlic, chopped
- 250 ml White wine
- 500 ml Water
- 2 Bay leaves
- 80 g Leek, chopped
- 80 g Yellow carrot, peeled, diced
- 160 g Aubergines, peeled, diced
- 120 g King oyster mushrooms, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 g Black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 g Parsley, fresh , chopped
- For the farce: place the QimiQ Classic, minced fish trimmings, spinach, salt, lemon juice, Pernod and coriander into a mincer, and blend to a creamy consistency.
- Beat the pike perch fillets with a meat hammer until flat. Lay the fillets onto cling film and spread the farce on top.
- Place the salmon fillet strips on top of the farce and roll up like a roulade, making sure to close the ends tight.
- Steam the fish rolls at 100°C for approx.20 minutes.
- Rinse the soaked lentils and drain.
- Fry the onions in olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and lentils and fry until glassy.
- Douse with the white wine and reduce by half. Add the water and cook until the lentils are tender.
- Fry the vegetables in olive oil and add to the lentils.
- Finish with the QimiQ Sauce Base, season to taste and add the parsley.
- Serve with the pike perch rolls.
QimiQ Classic advantages
- Acid and alcohol stable
- Firmer and more stable fillings
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Full taste with less fat content
- Smooth and creamy consistency in seconds