Ingredients for 10 portions
- 500 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 140 g Onions, finely chopped
- 80 g Butter
- 20 g Granulated sugar
- 125 ml Red wine
- 125 ml Port, red
- Lemon peel, from 1/2 lemon
- 10 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 340 ml Beef stock
- 4 cl Brandy
- Green pepper corns
- Red pepper corns
- 10 pcs Beef fillet medallions, 160 g each
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Sauté the onion in the butter. Add the sugar and caramelize.
- Douse with the red wine and port. Add the lemon zest and simmer gently until reduced.
- Add the QimiQ Sauce Base, beef stock and brandy. Season to taste and add the pepper corns.
- Season the beef fillet medallions and fry on both sides in hot oil. Serve with the peppercorn sauce.
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Full taste with less fat content
- Smooth and creamy consistency in seconds
- Problem-free reheating possible