Ingredients for 10 portions
- 500 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 540 g Puff pastry, = 2 packages
- 100 g Granulated sugar
- 1 small pinch Cinnamon, ground
- 160 g Granulated sugar
- 4 Vanilla pods
- 6 Egg yolks
- Lemon peel, from 1/2 lemon
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Cinnamon, ground , to dust
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (convection).
- Roll out the pastry, sprinkle with the 100 g granulated sugar and the cinnamon and form into a roll lengthwise.
- Cut the pastry roll into 2 cm pieces and roll out into circles. Brush the tart forms (5-6 cm in diameter) with butter and line with the pastry circles.
- Halve the vanilla pods lengthwise and scrape out the pulp.
- Mix the QimiQ Sauce Base with the sugar, vanilla pulp, egg yolks and lemon zest and fill into the tart forms.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the pasteis to cool briefly and remove from the tart forms. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon and serve.
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Creamy consistency
- Prevents moisture migration, pastry remains fresh and dry for longer
- Quick and easy preparation