Ingredients for 10 portions
For the short crust pastry
- 400 g Spelt flour
- 200 g Butter, softened
- 2 Whole eggs
- 3 tbsp Apple vinegar
- pinches Nutmeg, ground
For the filling
- 250 g QimiQ Classic, unchilled
- 400 g Soft goats’ cheese
- 4 Whole eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 40 g Corn flour / starch
- 50 g Noilly Prat/Vermouth dry
- 30 g Orange juice
- 2 g Orange zest, finely grated
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 60 g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- For the short crust pastry: knead the soft butter with the spelt flour, apple vinegar, egg, salt and nutmeg to a smooth dough.
- Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line a greased tart form.
- For the filling: whisk the QimiQ Classic smooth. Add the remaining ingredients except the walnuts and mix well.
- Fill the mixture into the tart shell, sprinkle with walnuts and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for approx. 20 minutes.
Tip: We recommend a creamed kohlrabi as a side dish.
QimiQ Classic advantages
- Acid, heat and alcohol stable
- Bake stable
- Prevents moisture migration, pastry remains fresh and dry for longer
- Full taste with less fat content