Ingredients for 10 portions
1600 g Saddle of lamb
Salt and pepper
For the coating
250 g QimiQ Sauce Base
120 g Parmesan, grated
40 g Panko Japanese bread crumbs
4 Egg yolks
40 g Dijon mustard, coarse
40 g Herb paste
20 White toasting bread, without crust
250 g Streaky bacon, thinly sliced
Vegetable oil, to fry
For the polenta
750 g QimiQ Sauce Base
750 ml Milk
400 g Polenta
150 g Butter
Salt and pepper
180 g Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (air circulation).
2. For the polenta: bring the milk to the boil with the QimiQ Sauce Base, salt, pepper, nutmeg and butter. Stir in the polenta and allow to simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Allow to chill.
3. Stir in the eggs and Parmesan and spread onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 10 minutes.
4. For the coating: mix the QimiQ Sauce Base with the remaining ingredients together well (except the toasting bread and bacon).
Season the saddle of lamb and pan fry gently on both sides. Allow to chill.
5. Flatten the toasting bread.
6. Place the bacon slices onto pieces of silver foil. Place the toasting bread onto the bacon and spread the herb cream onto the bread. Place the saddle of lamb on top, and roll in the silver foil.
7. Cook the saddle of lamb at 180°C until a core temperature of 56°C has been reached. Remove from the silver foil and allow to rest.
8. Cut the polenta into slices and pan fry on both sides.
9. Slice the saddle of lamb and serve with the polenta slices and vegetables if required.
QimiQ Sauce Base Advantages
Creamy indulgent taste with less fat
Enhances the natural taste of added ingredients
Quick and easy preparation