Ingredients for 8 portions
For the dough
- 150 g QimiQ Classic, unchilled
- 150 g Butter, softened
- 250 g Quark 20% fat
- 250 g Flour, plain
For the topping
- 250 g QimiQ Classic, unchilled
- 250 g Blue veined cheese, crushed
- 160 g Pears, peeled, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Thyme, dried
- Pears, cut into strips
- Garden herbs, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (conventional oven).
- For the dough, briskly knead all the ingredients together.
- Wrap the dough in tin foil and chill for 2 hours.
- For the topping, whisk QimiQ Classic smooth. Add the cheese and pear, mix well and season to taste with the salt, pepper and thyme.
- Roll the dough approx. 3 mm thick and cut into circles with the aid of a dessert ring (8 cm Ø). Spread the topping onto the surface, and leave 1 cm free around the rim.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for approx. 12 minutes.
- Garnish with strips of pear and fresh herbs.
QimiQ Classic advantages
- Full creamy taste with less fat and cholesterol
- Prevents moisture migration, pastry remains fresh and dry for longer