Ingredients for 1 cake tin 26 cm Ø
- 250 g QimiQ Sauce Base
- 150 g Butter, melted
- 220 g Granulated sugar
- 12 g Vanilla sugar, 1 sachet
- 5 Egg yolks
- 5 Egg whites
- 150 g Hazelnuts, peeled, grated
- 20 g Corn flour / starch
- 8 g Baking powder, 1/2 sachet
- 180 g Flour, plain
- 1 pinch Salt
- 25 g Cocoa powder
- 2 g Cinnamon, 1 small pinch
- 2 Apples, peeled, diced
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160° C (convection oven).
- 2. Mix the QimiQ Sauce Base, melted butter, egg yolk and vanilla sugar together with a blender.
- 3. Whisk the egg whites with the sugar and salt until stiff.
- 4. Mix the flour with the baking powder, corn starch, grated hazelnuts, cocoa powder and cinnamon and quickly fold into the QimiQ mixture. 5. Carefully fold in the whisked egg whites. Finally fold in the diced apples.
- 6. Pour the dough into a greased cake tin and bake for approx. 35 minutes.
QimiQ Sauce Base advantages
- Light and fluffy consistency
- Cakes remain moist for longer
- Quick and easy preparation